A Welcome from the Chair of the Governing Body
On behalf of Raddlebarn Governors, I would like to extend a warm welcome to you. Raddlebarn provides a dynamic, inclusive and child-centred environment where children and staff alike thrive.
Governors work closely with the Head teacher and staff to foster a stimulating learning environment that supports children to reach their potential through:
- an enjoyable broad and balanced curriculum,
- opportunities to develop friendships and
- contributions to their community.
We support the school as critical friends who challenge the school to set high targets and ensure the strategic direction facilitates achievement. As Governors, we are responsible for a number of areas, particularly:
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance
- Shaping the priorities and vision of the school and ensuring effectiveness
- Managing and appraising the Head Teacher
- Effectively managing the budget
- Supporting the school
Raddlebarn supports pupils to develop skills to facilitate mutual respect by understanding their own feelings so that they can begin to develop empathy for others. To this end, several Governors are champions within the Peacemakers Project.
We also are responsible for assessing and evaluating our own skills to ensure that the Governance can sufficiently fulfil these requirements.
We are extremely proud of Raddlebarn’s achievements and honoured to serve the school. We hope to meet more of you and look forward to learning more about your views and experiences within the school community.
Chair of Governors
The Full Governing Body (FGB) at Raddlebarn meets at least once a term. On the FGB there are different types of Governors: Community, Local Authority, Parent and Staff Governors.
In addition there are three committees on the Governing Body, each of which meets once a term. Each Governor is a member of at least one committee. The committees are:
- Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Outcomes committee
- Finance, Premises and Staffing committee
- Welfare committee.