Multisensory Spelling Checklist
- Sound out your word.
- Use the ‘Look and Say, Cover, Write and Check’ method.
- Mnemonics – make up a sentence for your spelling word to help you remember the order of the letters. For example: because – Big elephants can always understand small elephants.
- Use colours to write the word out 4 or 5 times.
- Use ‘rainbow’ writing
- Break longer words into syllables with colour or drawings.
- Write the word in different materials such as flour, corn flour/water mix, glitter etc.
- Play guess the word by writing each letter on a partner’s back.