Raddlebarn is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils.
We believe that:
- Our children have the right to be protected from harm, abuse and neglect
- That every child has the right to an education and children need to be safe and to feel safe in school
- Children need support that matches their individual needs, including those who may have experienced abuse
- Our children have the right to express their views, feelings and wishes and voice their own values and beliefs
- Our children should be encouraged to respect each other’s values and support each other
- Our children have the right to be supported to meet their emotional and social needs as well as their educational needs
- Our school will contribute to the prevention of abuse, victimisation, bullying (including homophobic, biphobic, trans-phobic and cyberbullying), exploitation, extreme behaviours, discriminatory views and risk-taking behaviours
The Designated Safeguarding Leads in our school are:
Lead: Sally Clements
Deputies: Angela Lowry, Lisa Naughton, Clare Huxley
All staff and visitors have an important role to play in safeguarding children and protecting them from abuse.
Children missing in Education
The school must notify the Local Authority of any pupil who fails to attend school regularly after making reasonable enquiries, or has been absent without the school’s permission for a continuous period of 5 days or more.
We will liaise closely with the Children Missing in Education team, Children’s Advice and Support Service (CASS) and the Home Elective Education Team to ascertain the whereabouts of pupils.
Please see Safeguarding policy for further information