- Chair: Claire Johnson
Treasurer: Loretta Mancini Secretary: tbc
Ordinary Members: Clare Huxley,Matt Wiggens, Angela Lowry, Lisa Naughton, Lucy Randle, Jonathan Smith, Madeline Jira, Zahra Venn.
The objective of the Friends of Raddlebarn is to advance the learning of pupils in the school in a number of ways:
• to pay for extraordinary events and experiences
• to fund equipment that supports learning through play
• to enhance the school environment
• to enhance the school’s image
• to raise money in ways that are fun for the children
Friends of Raddlebarn raise money through various events. They usually hold one main event each school term as well as other smaller events. They’re always looking for new fundraising ideas.
This past year Friends of Raddlebarn have run:
• Quiz & AGM Evening
• Christmas Craft in the Classroom
• Winter Bazaar
• Easter Celebration
• Summer Fair
• Reading for Pleasure Afternoon Tea
• Friday Friends Ice Lolly Sale
• Pre-loved Uniform Sale
• Refreshments at Parents’ Meetings/Evenings/Workshops
Funds raised by Friends of Raddlebarn are intended to provide ‘extras’ that not already provided by the school’s main income – ‘fun things’ that make learning more interesting and exciting. The Friends Committee and the Headteacher decide how to spend funds.
This year Friends have funded:
• Big Friday Friends Welcome BBQ
• Class trips for the whole school to see a Christmas theatre production
• new playground equipment for use during playtimes
• Year Group Funds (ie. water butt for Nursery, subsidising class trips, etc)
• Forest School outdoor classroom area development
• a new book for each child on World Book Day
• and much more!
If you would like to make contact with the committee, to volunteer, offer suggestions or just to find out a bit more about what we do, please email email@example.com